Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Discipline Day

Today I met with my employees for a pseudo-regular staff lunch. What arose from the lunch meeting was that one client was interfering with our bookkeeping schedule with an auditor (it's that time of year for nonprofits, which we have A LOT of). So after meeting with the auditor to make sure all was going swimmingly, my role was to politely tell the client that things are under control and to butt out. Sometimes clients can be hurting themselves without realizing it and need a little help in the discipline area. That's my idea anyway. I consider myself not so much as a consultant but a partner to my clients. However, it helps to be the consultant so I don't worry too much about being fired for bringing bad news - or disciplining as the case may be.

No comments: