Thursday, May 29, 2008

PocketBooks for QuickBooks and Treo

Now that the busy season is over and I once again have some time on my hands, I've decided to follow up on an old but important topic: QuickBooks Add-Ons. There are lots of third party programs out there that 'integrate' with QB and I have tried quite a few. I need to learn what's best and worst out there instead of trying everything myself. So hopefully you can help me out by posting your experiences. Right now I have upgraded my consulting system to include a Treo 680 running PocketBooks. It is AWESOME! I've set up clients on other timer programs which must be manually synced with QB. PocketBooks really does sync automatically (as long as you have your QB file open when you sync). And I love to be able to walk into a client and look up their past due balance on my phone. They are so impressed that I actually get paid! ;) I've added another core Treo program called BugMe! It allows me to hand-write a note on my Treo (like a Post-It) and, before saving it, I can set an alarm time. I set the alarm for when I'm in my office and the note pops up saying "Email website link to client" or whatever I promised the client (or myself!). I digress since BugMe! is not a QB add-on, but let's talk anyway.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice piece of information.
IL, Illinois

Md. Abu Zafor Fagun Ahmad said...

Thank you for your great article about Quickbooks Online.
Can you provide any useful links for Quickbooks online training in Australia?